Updated by Jason
To import products via CSV, you will need to upload your products using the Convictional Products CSV template.
To make a copy, select File > Make A Copy, and that will create an editable template. To create a local copy, select File > Download.
Once completed, your Products CSV should have lines that look like this:
12345,A Great Product,Vendor,Beauty,“Tags, Tags, Tags”,54321,A Great Variant,4,9.99,https://img.url.com, <p>Product description.</p>, Size, 2, Color, Black
A description of each of these elements is outlined below:
Your unique code for this product.
A short description of your product
Your brand or the product brand
(if carrying multiple brands)
The type of product. Can also be category.
Tags for the product
Unique SKU for the variant. If left blank it will be generated by combining the option values entered below.
Description of the variant. If left blank it will be generated by combining the product title and the option values below.
Great Product in Blue with Pattern
The current stock level
0 or greater for tracked inventory.
-1 for non-tracked inventory.
The retail price for the variant (the MSRP)
$0 or greater
The URL for this variant's image
The HTML body for the website display. The content of this field will be sanitized for security reasons, but the structure will remain the same as it is provided.
The name of the first option
The value for the variant.
"Size 4" or "4"
The name of the second option
The value for this variant
The name of the third option
The value for this variant
The price that you charge a buyer will be covered by price lists.
- Code is required and determines the product.
- All the variants of a product should have the same code.
- The file type must be CSV. Excel (.xls) format is not accepted.
- Send variants up in the order you want them to appear (ie. Small, Medium, Large)
- Leave empty spaces for empty or optional fields (ie. “,”)
- All Option Names need to be consistent across the full column.
- For sellers carrying multiple brands, Vendor is used to specify the brand for the product.
- If the upload fails, check the format or ask Support to review the file.
- If Microsoft Excel changes your SKUs to scientific notation (ex: 4.17E+12) then you can resolve by selecting your columns for SKU and Product Code and setting the data type to Text. To confirm success, open your CSV in a text editor like Notepad and search for "e+" and "E+". You can read more about how to solve that here
You can upload your Products CSV in the Products tab.
Updating Inventory by CSV
To update your inventory, simply upload another copy of your Products CSV but with updated inventory figures. This is also uploaded in the Products tab.
Once you're done uploading your products, you'll have to create a price list for your products.
Here's how you upload a price list.