Updated by Stephen Choi
To import products via CSV, you will need to upload your products using the Convictional Products CSV template.
To make a copy, select File > Make A Copy, and that will create an editable template. To create a local copy, select File > Download.
Once completed, your Products CSV should have lines that look like this:
12345,A Great Product,Vendor,Beauty,Tags, Tags, Tags,54321,A Great Variant,4,9.99,https://img.url.com, <p>Product description.</p>, Size, 2, Color, Black
A description of each of these elements is outlined below:
Your unique code for this product.
A short description of your product.
Your brand or the product brand (if carrying multiple brands).
The type of product.
Hats or Bicycles
Tags for the product. To provide multiple tags, separate them using a comma.
Unique SKU for the variant. If left blank it will be generated by combining the option values entered below.
shirt-blue-xl or 12345678
Description of the variant. If left blank it will be generated by combining the product title and the option values below.
Great Product in Blue with Pattern
The current stock level for the variant.
0 or greater for tracked inventory.
-1 for non-tracked inventory.
The retail price for the variant (the MSRP).
$0 or greater
Image URL: Used to provide a single image URL for the variant's image.
Images URLs: Used to provide multiple images URLs for the variant's images. Separate images using a space (" ").
Image URL: https://img.url.com/
The HTML body for the website display. The content of this field will be sanitized for security reasons, but the structure will remain the same as it is provided.
The name of the first option.
The value of the first option for the variant.
Size 4 or 4
The name of the second option.
The value of the second option for the variant.
The name of the third option.
The value of the third option for the variant.
The barcode for the variant.
The type of barcode for the variant. Currently we support upc and gtin barcodes.
The length of the variant.
The width of the variant.
The height of the variant.
The dimension units for the variant. Currently we support cm (centimeters) and in (inches).
The weight of the variant.
The weight units for the variant. Currently we support g (gram), kg (kilograms), lb (pound), oz (ounce), t (tonne).
Google Category Code
The Google Product Category code this product belongs to. If you're unfamiliar with Google's product categorization (taxonomy) please refer to this link for more details. You can find the list of Google Categories supported here.
Google Category Name
The Google Product Category name this product belongs to. If you're unfamiliar with Google's product categorization (taxonomy) please refer to this link for more details. You can find the list of Google Categories supported here.
Apparel & Accessories > Clothing > Shirts & Tops
Attributes represent additional variant data that you might want your partners to know about that is not currently supported by Convictional. You can add any number of attribute columns with any name. Any columns that have header names that differ from all of the headers above will be added to attributes.
Header: Consumer Lifestage
Corresponding Row Value: All Ages
(Note: Consumer Lifestage is not one of our supported fields but could be useful for your partners)
The price that you charge a buyer will be covered by price lists.
- Code is required and determines the product.
- All the variants of a product should have the same code.
- The file type must be CSV. Excel (.xls) format is not accepted.
- Send variants up in the order you want them to appear (ie. Small, Medium, Large).
- Leave empty spaces for empty or optional fields (ie. “,”).
- All Product level (not variant specific) values need to be consistent across all variant row entries (rows having the same Produce code). This includes: 1. Title, 2. Vendor, 3. HTML Body, 4. Tags 5. Option Names, 6. Google Category Code and Name.
- For sellers carrying multiple brands, Vendor is used to specify the brand for the product.
- If the upload fails, check the format or ask Support to review the file.
- You can only add products via csv file. If you need to update existing products, make sure you delete them from your Convictional admin beforehand.
- If Microsoft Excel changes your SKUs to scientific notation (ex: 4.17E+12) then you can resolve by selecting your columns for SKU and Product Code and setting the data type to Text. To confirm success, open your CSV in a text editor like Notepad and search for "e+" and "E+". You can read more about how to solve that here.
You can upload your Products CSV in the Products tab.
Once you're done uploading your products, you'll have to create a price list for your products.
Here's how you upload a price list.